American Accent Course
Hello and Welcome!
Before you being this course, please make sure you download these documents and review them! It will make your journey so much easier!
Here is your eBook : American Accent eBook (1 download)
In this course you will learn how to speak English with an American Accent. In the 16 video lessons, you will learn:
- How to correctly pronounce the American English vowel sounds
- How to differentiate different consonant sounds and spellings
- The International Phonetic Alphabet
- How to correctly use stress and intonation patterns in American English
- The pronunciation of numbers, compound nouns, and phrases.
Avery, P., & Ehrlich, S. L. (2012). Teaching American English Pronunciation. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
Celce-Murcia, M. (1996). Teaching pronunciation. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
International Phonetic Association. (2015). Retrieved February 17, 2018, from https://www.internationalphoneticassociation.org/
Blends, Digraphs, Trigraphs, and Other Letter Combinations. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/consonantblends/
Cook, A. (2012). American Accent Training: A guide to speaking and pronouncing American English for everyone who speaks English as a second language. Barron’s Educational Series, Inc.
Take this Course