Why Study English pronunciation?
More than 300 million people speak English around the world and English has become the most widely used language for business, commerce, and technology. Learning to speak English without an accent can be tricky, especially if you don’t have a native speaker to practice with.
We view pronunciation learning and practice as an essential piece of a learner’s journey, and something that should be studied at every stage, not just as a finishing course. Go English Coach offers online pronunciation classes for intermediate learners of English. Learning to speak English clearly can be one of the most important steps you can take to increase your confidence using and speaking English.
English has 44 sounds, but only 26 letters. This means that we must practice sound/spelling distinctions to make sure that we understand the sounds that the letters make. For example, consider the words
``two,`` ``blue,`` ``shoe,`` ``new,`` ``group, and ``through.``
All of these words have the /uw/ sound and are spelled differently!
Developing your ability to pronounce individual words correctly with the appropriate stress greatly increases your intelligibility in English. We practice this aspect of English pronunciation by studying the stress patterns and rules so that you can easily predict the pronunciation of a word you are not familiar with.
This is a very important factor in your ability to communicate effectively in English. The ``song`` of English helps to convey meaning. Practicing the patterns and studying the rules of word, sentence and word group stress will help you to fully express yourself in English and make it so that no one ever says, ``What did you say?``
We promise to present the most valuable pronunciation lessons in order to help you take you English speech to the next level. If you are not 100% satisfied with the course, we will give you your money back!
What You Need
- A strong internet connection
- A computer with a web camera
- 8 hours to commit to improving your pronunciation + a few hours outside of class to practice your new skills
- A quiet place for you to study
- A desire to improve your English!
How It Works
- Sign up for the class by clicking the SIGN UP button below.
- Decide which section works for your schedule.
- Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email.
- On the first day of class, you will receive an email with a link to join the class, which is a live video stream.
- Click the link and pay with Stripe!